From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Creating attachments from HTML's INPUT type="file"
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:38:26 GMT
I've been developing a custom browser-hosted application using CouchDB
for a client and have so far been able to avoid introducing an
intermediary between the browser and CouchDB (aka a CouchApp).
However, I have run into a stumbling block trying to support uploading
attachments to items from the browser.

The only mechanism that seems to provide access to the local
filesystem is HTML's file-select control and does not appear to
provide a mechanism to control the request sent to the action URL so
that it could conform to the CouchDB API.

Would it be practical or desirable to introduce an endpoint that could
directly process the request that would be sent from such a form?

Would anyone be interested in taking a first pass at it?

How difficult would it be for an Erlang newbie to take a shot at it
for his own use?