From ll...@paisite.com
Subject Re: Computer died while trying to load couchDB. Help!
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 05:22:37 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thank you! You saved my bacon.

> This is the second time in a couple days that I've seen reports of a
> traceback like that. The last time it had something to do with
> Firefox.

May be a problem with either Ubuntu updgrade or install procedure for SpiderMonkey, since
all worked fine prior to taking those steps.

> The libtoolize error means you don't have a proper libtool
> installation. You should be able to solve that with something like
> `sudo apt-get install libtool` on the command line.

Loaded libtool. That fixed Firefox.

Be good to know what killed Firefox. But I'm not savvy enough to figure it out.

./configure complained about a few other missing files, which I loaded. It finally killed
me with note that my version of Erlang is not up-to-date. Guess this means that I have to
compile Erlang from source which makes me very uncomfortable. Taking off my apt-get training
wheels is a bit terrifying, not least because of the kinds of problems I've had loading couchdb.

But I guess this is life at the bleeding edge.

Many thanks again,

Lloyd