From ll...@paisite.com
Subject Computer died while trying to load couchDB. Help!
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:48:11 GMT
Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy on a Lenovo ThinkPad.

Today, while trying to load couchdb in preparation for Chris Anderson and Jan Lehnardt's couchdb
University session on Monday, my computer died.

Here'swhat happened:

1) I updated and upgraded Ubuntu
2) I loaded SpiderMonkey
3) I downloaded couchdb from subversion as per http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_from_source
4) I cd to couchdb
5) I tried to enter ./bootstrap && ./configure but...

Got this error message: line 49: libtoolize: command not found

So I thought to look up libtoolize on the net. But...

I got this big orange warning: ASSERT:**** Search:_installLocation:engine has no file! Stacktrace
yada yada 14: onxblkeypress(object keyboardEvent])

And... every time a press a key I get this this warning.

What to do? What to do? My computer is useless.

Much appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,

Lloyd