From Wout Mertens <wout.mert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Views per Database
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:58:13 GMT
On Apr 13, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Thomas Heller wrote:

> But since every updated/new doc
> has to pass any view (when called) I fear that many "writes" to the
> forum
> may force constant updates for other views on the site.

How is that a problem? Note that many design documents may not be the
best thing to do since (I believe) the current implementation runs all
view functions in a single design document in one go. So views that
get called often should be put together with other high-call views.

Other than that, updating a view is a matter of updating a btree which
is the same mechanism couchdb uses to store documents. If you have 30
views and adding a document changes all 30 views then you'll have 30
more writes on the view updates.

Wout.