From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to see if CouchDB is right for our project...
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 02:26:49 GMT
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Daniel Friesen <dan_the_man@telus.net> wrote:

> Counter-proposal, I have an idea for document references in CouchDB. It's
> completely backwards compatible, usable in a number of cases, and should
> theoretically perform quite well.
>
> I've drafted up a big explanation, think it would be a good idea to put it
> on the Wiki and ping the dev list?

Please do. I'm curious to see what you've got. Don't be surprised if
it's not accepted (at least right away). CouchDB has a pretty strong
idea of what it's trying to accomplish, and there a ton of work to be
done before 1.0.

But it could just be that you've got something we haven't thought of
or discussed, that turns out to be a good fit. No way to know without
bringing it up! Also, there's lots of room in the implementation for
alternate view engines, so if you were to code something up, and get
people using it, it'd be fairly easy to fit into the codebase.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Anderson