From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to see if CouchDB is right for our project...
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:14:16 GMT
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Bradford Winfrey
<bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just thinking aloud here, but storing each widget (if as Dean asked there are in fact
"lots" of them) would be much better suited to be stored in its own document, should a widget
change, you'd save a significant amount of space (since couch will keep a full copy of each
revision until compaction) rather than saving the whole collection of them each time.

Taking this approach would probably require that you store the full
path(s) to the widget on the widget document itself. This isn't so bad
but does complicate changing only a parent node say, halfway up the
tree, as you have to touch all it's subnodes.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com