From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installing a CouchApp
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:41:32 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:23 AM, David Van Couvering
<david@vancouvering.com> wrote:
> Hey, all.  I know that some of you are working on a paradigm where CouchDB
> is a self-contained server that serves up both data and the application
> logic for an application, so that it can be easily replicated from client to
> server.
>
> Have you done any work to make it super-easy to install such an application
> onto a client machine.  More specifically, what you want to be able to do is
> (a) easily install the CouchDB runtime and (b) easily install applications
> into the runtime.

I've been concentrating on (b) right now. Once 0.9.0 is released we'll
have something appropriate for pushing on (a) with.

Once the CouchApp helper script is installed (`sudo easy_install
couchapp`) loading applications into the runtime (and cloning them
from remote nodes) is pretty easy. There's a list related to CouchApp
development at http://groups.google.com/group/couchapp

Cheers,
Chris

--