From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: helper functions in reduce
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:02:00 GMT
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Adam Wolff <awolff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only person who's worried about this?

I've definitely wondered about it. I'd be curious to see some measurements.

This seems like the sort of thing the JS optimizer could clean up
really easily. So far I haven't worried to much about view function
computation time, as it seems to be roughly matched with index
maintenance time. That is, I've never felt that JS view function
execution was the bottleneck.

The first thing I'd optimize in your example function is all the extra
calls to helper1() but I'm guessing it's just an example.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com