From Jason Herald <jason.her...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenSolaris Install question
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:51:39 GMT
I am attempting to get couchdb installed in opensolaris and have found the
existing documetnation good up to a certain point.

I have installed all the prereqs as defined here:
http://wiki.joyent.com/accelerators:setup-couchdb (I am not on joyent
however).

When i go through the configuration using the following command: ./configure
--prefix=/opt/local --with-js-include=/opt/local/spidermonkey/include
--with-js-lib=/opt/local/spidermonkey/lib
--with-erlang=/usr/lib/erlang/usr/include/ (only the erlang position is
different as I used a canned installer)

I get the following error:

checking for icu-config... no
*** The icu-config script could not be found. Make sure it is
*** in your path, and that taglib is properly installed.
*** Or see http://ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/
configure: error: Library requirements (ICU) not met.

I have tried reinstalling ICU a bunch of times and several different ways
with the same results no matter.

Any help would be apprecaited.

--
00 jason