From Wout Mertens <wmert...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [user] Obtaining unique values from a view
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:52:25 GMT
On Mar 3, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

>>> Thanks that works for me.
>>
>> Actually now I'm curious where the sum() function comes from. I
>> can't find it in any Javascript references. Is it something Couch
>> provides?
>>
>> Answer: grepping through the source showed me it's in main.js.
>>
>> Since this question has been posed more than once, maybe main.js
>> should have a uniq() function as well?
>
> Patches welcome :) Feel free to submit uniq() to JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB

Actually it's slightly more difficult than I thought since the most
efficient way to implement it is by guaranteeing that input is sorted.

Here's a nice implementation:

http://www.code-shop.com/2007/5/14/javascript-uniq

so maybe the uniq() function should take the re-reduce parameter and
if that's not set, sort the input?

Would that be acceptible for a function in main.js?

Wout.