From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for digital signatures of documents
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 02:26:04 GMT

On 09/03/2009, at 12:42 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> The choice of mailing list has no bearing on good practice.

This is a list to discuss uses of CouchDB, rather than the core or
direction of the product, which is dev@. If this were dev@ then the
discussion would be in the context of official CouchDB support and/or
incorporation. As this is user@, what is an RFC a prerequisite for
(apart from your interest)?

> Unless the community is willing to standardise a JSON canonicalisation
> specification through a standards body like the IETF, I'm going to
> loose
> interest, and I rather suspect others will do so too.

IMO it's a bit early to make this call. Let's see how it goes - at
least two people are interested, and if it's supported by some third
party libraries, then maybe more people will use it. Thus are
communities born.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Hi, I'd like to do $THING. I know that $SOLUTION_A and $SOLUTION_B
will do it very easily and for a very reasonable price, but I don't
want to use $SOLUTION_A or $SOLUTION_B because $VAGUE_REASON and
$CONTRADICTORY_REASON. Instead, I'd like your under-informed ideas on
how to achieve my $POORLY_CONCEIVED_AMBITIONS using Linux, duct tape,
an iPod, and hours and hours of my precious time.
   -- Slashdot response to an enquiry