From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chance of including CouchDB in Linux distros or desktops?
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 04:17:14 GMT
Speaking of couchlite, I would __love__ to see parallel map/reduce. I
got this 100K+ doc database and the instant-gratification-factor for
trying out new views just sucks (takes about 15 minutes). I have to
reduce the doc count, just so I can try out new ideas in terms of
views. And it's on a dual quad-core system. The other 7 cpus badly
want to relax on the couch, but can't. :-(

If we can get the map/reduce parallelized, I think it would be a huge
win for "personal" couch use. For really simple (but large) data sets,
sqlite is just super __fast__! And it's just a 'gem install sqlite3'
away.

K.