From Dean Landolt <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: JSONQuery
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:40:48 GMT
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 10.03.2009, at 13:23, Dean Landolt wrote:
>
>> As an example of what I mean, JSONSchema already has an implementation in
>> another language (in this case, python again[1]). And JSONQuery even less
>> javascript-idiomatic. If you'd like, I'd be happy to try my hand at
>> implementing it in erlang -- but I was thinking it would be most helpful
>> for
>> view ops (thus, in js). It would be pretty convenient if there were
>> agreed-upon path semantics -- specifically for things like searching.
>>

> Everyone in this thread seems to know where/how JSONPath would fit into
> CouchDB, but I have no idea :)
>
> What would this be useful for?

One way -- retrieving doc fragments. Another -- for json-based configuration
of fti, rather than having to interpret js functions via rhino or
python-spidermonkey (no offense Paul -- that's still a kickass project ;).
There are probably quite a few others that will shake out -- but having an
agreed-upon way to reference portions of a doc (or a view) should prove
useful.