From Dean Landolt <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: JSONQuery
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:51:38 GMT
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

> Haven't we discussed this before? Or am I just getting a weird déjà vu?
>
> Anyway, the way I remember it going was that its neat but requires a
> full JavaScript VM to meet the spec.

Yes, and that was the general consensus, but it may be worth reconsidering.
Sure, in order to have a already-working JSONPath (or JSONQuery -- whatever
Kris is calling it these days) implementation you need a js vm, but when I
learned that there's a nearly-complete jquery implementation in python [1],
it occured to me it couldn't be that hard to implement all (or a useful part
of) the JSONPath spec in any JSON-aware (read: any) language.

[1] http://pyquery.org/