From Steve Miller <>
Subject Re: Newbie: Can't Load Futon
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:20:17 GMT
> if "/" works and "/_utis" doesn't it could be that something is wrong
> with the `make install` phase. I wonder if anyone else is using that
> same installer and can report on the availability of the _utils files.

I reran couchdb-0.8.1-win32.exe. It again installed correctly. I can
still connect with localhost. I can interact with the database with
curl. Still no _utils. Still no Futon.

I followed the "Build CouchDB and HTTP Server at This includes the following:

    cd("E:/Program Files/erl5.6.3/lib/couchdb-0.8.0/src").

I get a  message, "up_to_date".

Everything else seems to be working fine so far. I'm still interacting
with the database with curl.

I'm at a loss at the report that it installs correctly on Vista.

View raw message