From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSONQuery
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:50:14 GMT
Dean Landolt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> On 10.03.2009, at 13:23, Dean Landolt wrote:
>>
>>> As an example of what I mean, JSONSchema already has an implementation in
>>> another language (in this case, python again[1]). And JSONQuery even less
>>> javascript-idiomatic. If you'd like, I'd be happy to try my hand at
>>> implementing it in erlang -- but I was thinking it would be most helpful
>>> for
>>> view ops (thus, in js). It would be pretty convenient if there were
>>> agreed-upon path semantics -- specifically for things like searching.
>>>
>> Everyone in this thread seems to know where/how JSONPath would fit into
>> CouchDB, but I have no idea :)
>>
>> What would this be useful for?
>

> One way -- retrieving doc fragments. Another -- for json-based configuration
> of fti, rather than having to interpret js functions via rhino or
> python-spidermonkey (no offense Paul -- that's still a kickass project ;).
> There are probably quite a few others that will shake out -- but having an
> agreed-upon way to reference portions of a doc (or a view) should prove
> useful.

Exactly, I use something similar (not as advanced as
XPath/JSONPath/JSONQuery) in GeoCouch for defining where in a document
the spatial information is stored [1]. I've called it pythonpath [2],
though I don't really like the name myself.

Cheers,
  Volker

[1]
http://vmx.cx/cgi-bin/blog/index.cgi/geocouch-geospatial-queries-with-couchdb%3A2008-10-26%3Aen%2CCouchDB%2CPython%2Cgeo