From Anand Chitipothu <>
Subject Re: view indexer in running again and again
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 04:59:05 GMT
> thanks for your report! Are you on the latest CouchDB trunk and
> latest Erlang (R12B-4 or -5)? Can you provide a script we can run
> that demonstrates the behaviour?

I figured out what caused this problem.

There was some problem with my view code and it was raising
exceptions. I wasn't looking at the output of view queries as I was
only interested in benchmarking the performance. Here is my

When the view code has error, the view indexer is run on first access
to the view after starting couchdb.

To re-produce:

* create a db with some documents.
* add view with the following map function (it produces exceptions in
view computation):

            "map": "function(doc) { x; }"

* query the view:  view indexer is executed
* query the view again: view indexer is not executed
* restart couchdb
* query the view again: view indexer is executed

I'm slightly confused with the terminology. There is a code to compute
the view, there is a view file stored on disk, there is a process to
compute the view and there is url to query to the view. How should I
call each one of this?

View raw message