From Anand Chitipothu <anandol...@gmail.com>
Subject equivalent of JOINs in couchdb?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:59:57 GMT
Hi,

I have been reading about couchdb and trying understand how it works.
One thing that i'm unable to understand is how to do equivalent of
JOINs in couchdb.

Let me explain what I need with an example.
I want to store books in couchdb with each book having title, authors,
isbn, lccn, publisher and many other fields.
I would like to be able to query the system for any combination of
these. some thing like:

type="book" and publisher="foo" and author="bar
type="book" and isbn="1234567890"

How to do this in couchdb?
I wouldn't want to create a temporary view for running each query as
it is very expensive.

Thanks,
Anand