From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming/branding/forking
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:56:39 GMT

On 10/03/2009, at 12:06 PM, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Then you're all set - as long as you use a frozen, unmodified version.
> The moment you turn it into a derivative work, you can't call it
> CouchDB anyrmore.

Sure, our way is clear. We aren't shipping CouchDB. Makes my CouchDB
Ltd data point somewhat moot.

Interesting issue though, given tools such as GIT that make cherry
picking patches so easy - we could construct an artifact by re-
ordering or leaving out certain patches, that wouldn't be a derived
work because every component is part of the official version.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

What can be done with fewer [assumptions] is done in vain with more
   -- William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)