From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with python view server
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:49:06 GMT
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Simon Metson
<simonmetson@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>        Using CouchDB 0.9.0a722639-incubating I get the following error when
> trying to access a python view server:

> which is from the latest trunk of couchdb-python, and the view is:
> def mapfun(doc): yield doc
>
> The script is executable, and, as far as I can tell the python path is
> correct (I can import all the libs).
> Am I doing something obviously wrong? Should I update to a more recent couch
> build?

The newer versions of CouchDB have a more obvious "invalid JSON" error
but probably won't magically fix your problem. I don't know about the
python view server - is yield the equivalent of emit? If the
equivalent function works in JS, then the problem is likely to do with
what's being printed by your python view server.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com