From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: Problem with python view server
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:49:06 GMT
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Simon Metson
<> wrote:
> Hi All,
>        Using CouchDB 0.9.0a722639-incubating I get the following error when
> trying to access a python view server:

> which is from the latest trunk of couchdb-python, and the view is:
> def mapfun(doc): yield doc
> The script is executable, and, as far as I can tell the python path is
> correct (I can import all the libs).
> Am I doing something obviously wrong? Should I update to a more recent couch
> build?

The newer versions of CouchDB have a more obvious "invalid JSON" error
but probably won't magically fix your problem. I don't know about the
python view server - is yield the equivalent of emit? If the
equivalent function works in JS, then the problem is likely to do with
what's being printed by your python view server.

Chris Anderson

View raw message