From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: A permanent view for user-entered query with complex boolean expressions?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:34:49 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Paul Davis
<> wrote:
> Trunk has support for streaming writes when a Content-Length header is
> present. Chris Anderson was just working the other day on streaming
> writes to disk in the absence of a Content-Length header. That
> basically means that if your HTTP client sends a content-length
> header, the sky's the limit. If you don't send a Content-Length
> header, you'll be limited by the available RAM on the machine running
> CouchDB until Chris finishes his patch.

Just to clear up, currently attachment PUTs without Content-Length
headers are rejected. I think that we fixed the RAM buffering issue
after all: (fixed)

So if you know the length of the attachment, PUT should work for you
no matter how big it is.

Chris Anderson

View raw message