From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi doc transactions
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:20:22 GMT
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Paul Carey <paul.p.carey@gmail.com> wrote:
> An extension to ii) to ensure consistency would be
> 1. save the booking doc with a state property set to "incomplete"
> 2. if the booking doc save succeeds, use the bulk update to save the
> invites, and update the booking doc with state "complete".
>
> It's not very elegant, but I think it should work. I'd love to hear
> better solutions.

There's a lot of cool things you can do when you treat documents as
state machines. Also, getting a view of "complete" bookings will be
easy.

Docs as state machines also works well in a multi-master environment,
where you want to watch for "events" to be replicated to redundant
storage.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com