From Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com>
Subject Re: Managing access
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:39:30 GMT
Hi Jyrki,

On 21 Feb 2009, at 11:28, Jyrki Pulliainen wrote:

> CouchDB site talks about managing user access on database (Admin,
> read, update), but I can't find any documentation about this feature.
> Can someone pinpoint a page describing the built-in access management?

We're currently discussing the exact implementation details of
authentication and authorization on the developer mailing list.  The
best place to read about the current state of security and validation
features is probably this blog post: http://jchris.mfdz.com/posts/132

The "Reader Access" functionality described on the site is still under
development as far as I know, and isn't available in the current
source code for testing just yet.  Administrator access and update
validation is available though, to the extent described in the blog
post above.

--
Jason Davies

www.jasondavies.com