From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: quick poll - how many databases do you have?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:45:45 GMT

On 26 Feb 2009, at 14:39, Andreas Pieper wrote:

> let me chime in with another thing that concerns me wrt
> database-per-user: How do I manage view function updates with this
> scenario? Do I have to push the same map/reduce code to every
> database, which is an unbounded number? I feel that deployments can
> get quite hairy in such a setting.

deployment on 1M users in a single DB will have other issues :)

A common solution is to do "lazy-updating" users as they become
active in the system while pre-loading your 10% (or whatever) most
active users.

But that all depends on your application and general advice is not
really applicable.

Cheers
Jan