From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to replace SpiderMonkey?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:23:50 GMT

On Feb 26, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Is your runner on github to take a look at?

Oh, it's not my own; if you build V8 from its Google Code SVN repo,
there's a 'v8' binary that lets you run scripts from the command line.

> And also be careful, because as far as i know v8 do not implement E4X

Oops. Wasn't aware that CouchDB depended on that. I don't know if
Google has plans to implement it, and Apple's SquirrelFish probably
won't either (since WebKit has never supported E4X.) That leaves
TraceMonkey, I guess.

—Jens