From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting "unauthorized" errors replicating from jchris's twitter-client-design
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:40:52 GMT
Hi Jens,

On 15 Feb 2009, at 19:04, Jens Alfke wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2009, at 2:01 AM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> Chris has set up his instance so that we all can read, but only
>> he can write to it. At the moment, replication does not fully
>> work with authentication-enabled replication sources. But
>> this is being worked on.
>
> Ah, OK. This must have worked when he posted the blog entry 3 months
> ago, but broken since.

I'd guess he just didn't have access controls set up back then.

> The things I'm most interested in doing with CouchDB would involve
> both replication and access control, so this is a problem for me. Do
> you have an idea when this bug will be fixed? And/or a link to the
> issue tracker? Thanks!

I don't think we have an open JIRA ticket for this.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB

Also, technically it is not a bug, but a not-invented-yet feature :)

The patch is one of the things Damien is currently working on.
Keep an eye on http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/couchdb/branches/rep_security/
for progress. In recent discussions Damien mentioned that its a or a
few weeks off. I hope that works for you.