From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What am I doing wrong?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:04:54 GMT

On 20 Feb 2009, at 17:42, Pascal Borghino wrote:

> Hi there, I do not have attachments...
>
> $ ls -lh
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root  83G Feb 20 02:40 test.couch
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root  23G Feb 20 16:33 test.couch.compact
>
> $ du -sh
> 107G    .
>
> still... from 19Go to 83Go... huge difference.
> P.

The fact that there is a .compact file means that compaction
is still running (or was aborted). When you restart it, you
should see it in the "Status" section of Futon and how far
along it is. Compaction will continue where it left off. Please
let us know what the final database file size is when compaction
is finished.

If you did an insertion of a lot of single documents, quite
extensive sparseness can occur. On large imports, do
use bulk inserts (see the wiki) or if that is not possible,
compact every once in a while during the import.

Cheers
Jan