From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the speed(performance) of couchdb?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:51:42 GMT
Nothing's going to be "free" automatically. I was playing with sqlite
in the last couple of days and by turning off journaling and
synchronizing to the file system (because I was doing one time writes
to build up indexes) I went from this thing running from over 5
minutes to 40 seconds.

I guess what I'm saying is performance and optimization depends on
what you are trying to do. I do think that bulk requests should give
you a big boost. I would have to imagine the size of the document
matters too in how many inserts/sec you get.

K.