From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Re: What's the speed(performance) of couchdb?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:18:42 GMT

On Feb 25, 2009, at 8:02 PM, Scott Zhang wrote:

> But the performance is as bad as I can image, After several minutes
> run, I
> only inserted into 120K records. I saw the speed is ~20 records each
> second.

Use the bulk-insert API to improve speed. The way you're doing it,
every record being added is a separate transaction, which requires a
separate HTTP request and flushing the file.

(I'm a CouchDB newbie, but I don't think the point of CouchDB is
speed. What's exciting about it is the flexibility and the ability to
build distributed systems. If you're looking for a traditional
database with speed, have you tried MySQL?)

—Jens