From Jens Alfke <>
Subject Getting "unauthorized" errors replicating from jchris's twitter-client-design
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 04:16:05 GMT
Hi -- I've just gotten CouchDB installed (SVN trunk r743373, OS X
10.5.6, dependencies installed via DarwinPorts). The test suite
passes, and a couple of the simple examples from the O'Reilly book-in-
progress work, but when I try to replicate the Twitter client as
described in jchris's "My Couch Or Yours" blog post, I keep getting

Actually the Replicator in the Futon interface doesn't show anything,
it just never stops the spinny progress indicator. But this
immediately gets dumped to the log file:

[Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:58:57 GMT] [error] [emulator] Error in process
<0.214.0> with exit value: {{nocatch,{unauthorized,<<39 bytes>>}},

[Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:58:57 GMT] [error] [<0.49.0>]
                       <<"You are not a server or database admin.">>}},

Looks like some sort of permissions problem. I have, as advised in the
installation instructions, added an admin account to the local.ini
setup. But I've logged in with that account in the browser (I've tried
both Safari and Firefox) and I can create db's and documents via the
web interface. Is there a specific problem with replication and admin