From Alan Bell <alan.b...@theopenlearningcentre.com>
Subject Re: [user] Re: The Blog
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:56:44 GMT
selling airline tickets was always the classical problem you couldn't do
with Notes because you might overbook because of the distributed system
means no atomic updates and stock level checking. That actually just
shows how much older Notes is than the modern airline where overbooking
is standard policy. Anyhow an application where there are multiple
purchasers and a finite stock and the stock levels must never ever be
overcommitted probably gives the RDBMS an advantage.