From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sphinx and CouchDB Views
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:28:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm mostly stuck on the "JSON meets Rhino" part. I have tried for a
while to grok it, and it's not coming. Specifically, I want to fetch
the document from couchdb (as JSON, obviously) and then pass it to a
user-defined function written in Javascript, and then index the return
value. This will allow custom filtering.

Additionally, I can index the output of views fairly easily, Paul's
original couchdb-lucene did that, so I could pinch from there.

I suspect all three kinds of indexing are useful including the current
index-everything approach.

I'm swamped with 'real' work right now which is why progress has
slowed. One notable change is that it compiles under 1.5 for those OS
X users out there.

B.