From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What am I doing wrong?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:23:32 GMT
I expect the b-tree wastage is minimal (though not zero).

I've wondered what happens on filesystems that don't support sparse
files, I assume they'd just be slower and use more disk space. Given
that the holes vanish after compaction, I suspected a bad calculation
in the code (couch_db.erl, I think), but I've not found it, it seems
to do the right thing. HFS+ doesn't support holes but I'm pretty sure
NTFS does.

Btw, it's mostly around attachments. If you add lots of documents but
no attachments, ls and df are in close agreement.

B.