From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: quick poll - how many databases do you have?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:03:21 GMT

On 21/02/2009, at 10:40 AM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Many. For certain applications it makes sense to have a db per user.

Careful with that approach if there is any chance of having a lot of
users, or you don't control the machine. All the database files go
into one directory.

Personally I consider the "too many files in one directory" hype to be
a little overdone but still wouldn't want more than a few thousand,
and if you're not root, I've seen low limits set by quota systems as
well which could be an issue in managed environments.

Just something to bear in mind ...

Sho