From Rich Morin <...@cfcl.com>
Subject Re: limits on resources needed by a query?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 05:03:07 GMT
At 13:44 +0900 1/1/09, Mark Gallop wrote:
> I only know of the timeout value set in the CouchDB default.ini:
>
> view_timeout = 5000 ; 5 seconds

This is a fine start, but it makes no provision for operations
that take unusual amounts of time.  It might be useful to be
able to set a request-specific timeout, as well.

> What resources would you like to limit?

Really, I'm not the person who should be specifying this.  My
only concern is that a page on my wiki not be able to drag down
the rest of the system by issuing a call or a series of calls.

Possibilities include processing time, I/O requests, wall-clock
time - all the usual suspects...

Is there a way to get a summary of the resources used by a call
to the database?  This would let me aggregate usage over time.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm@cfcl.com