From "George Palmer" <george.pal...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:26:19 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to CouchDB and have just been thinking about view performance
for our application.  Let's say we have 250,000 documents of data for
posts on a website.  If we create a "post" view then we can filter on
userid by using that as the key (ie get all posts for a given user).
Assuming I've used the view once so the index is built, am I just
paying the cost of looking up a userid as a key on an indexed data
set, so performance is really comparable to selecting 25 from 250,000
in a RDMS (with an index on a table)?

Also how does performance scale as the number of items in a view
raises?  What if that was 100million items in the view that we had to
filter by userid?  Obviously we're looking to use a big data set here!

Cheers,

George