From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Integration
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:39:49 GMT
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Paul Davis
<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason that I don't try and index the entire DB is because of the
> arbitrary structure to JSON. Indexing a value that isn't a string
> leads to a whole lot of questions with no good answers. By indexing a
> view I let people pick exactly which parts of their db they want
> indexed.

Woot! This is exactly the kind of FTI that I can see myself using for
my various projects. Thanks Paul!

The main advantage to full-db indexing is that it can be used without
knowing what the schema is. So eg you could provide an FTI web-service
for people's local databases, where they replicate the db to you and
you provide search, without them installing Lucene. But I consider
this an enhancement.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com