From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:30:11 GMT

On 02/01/2009, at 9:32 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 2 Jan 2009, at 01:16, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> ok - that's the first time in the 9 years I've been associated with
>> the ASF that I've heard that term.  Sounds kinda like they're goal
>> is to keep things out, rather than get people and ideas in and
>> involved :)
>
> This is not an ASF-term (afaik), but Anthony's. :)

Correct. I use it because I though it reflected the decision making
structure, and I agree with that structure i.e. a community that makes
arguments to convince a committee, said committee being the actual
decision makers. In this case, the people with commit rights are
effectively the decision makers, because Couch will be what they commit.

Maybe the term causes distress. I'll cease and desist.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former.
  -- Albert Einstein