From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject installation: readline-5.2.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 15:53:21 GMT
Hi,

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.6

I am trying to install couchdb using macports (haven't used macports
before). I have been getting hung up on:

$ sudo port install couchdb +server
Password:
--->  Fetching readline
--->  Attempting to fetch readline-5.2.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/

I have also tried to install readline directly and it still hangs:
$ sudo port install readline
Password:
--->  Fetching readline
--->  Attempting to fetch readline-5.2.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/

I have been trying this since yesterday afternoon.

I see some messages that talk about --with-readline and --without-
readline. Is the answer here somewhere? I didn't want to just guess
what to do with these, but can't find the actual answer.

On my system, I see:
/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/readline/readline-5.2.tar.gz.TMP
(but since it is hanging, never finishes)

I searched my entire hard drive for readline and see several
locations...

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

thanks,
-Rob