From "Nicolas Fouché" <nico...@silentale.com>
Subject Re: Sort by date and find by key
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:44:38 GMT
OK, that's what I was thinking. I currently have all my documents in
full-text search indexes. I guess I'll use CouchDB for storage and
some reduce functions to build dashboards, and not for my
"complicated" queries.
I don't want to load my indexes down with the document content. For
more efficiency, they would only contain the reverse indexes.

As far as I know, the _external process cannot return document ids to
CouchDB, so CouchDB returns the full document to the caller. Would you
recommend doing this on the cliend side ? Query the index, and then
query CouchDB with a bunch of keys ?

Nicolas