From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: document insert rate
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 19:59:19 GMT
What you say is possible, but doesn't seem too likely as I don't ever
recall any report of a corrupt db on Linux, but before the F_FILESYNC
change in Erlang we would see reports of corruptions on OS X due to
power loss. Since the change, we've had no reports of corrupt
databases on OS X or Linux.

I don't think anyone else sees update performance that slow (I'm
assuming these are fairly small documents?), I'd guess there is
something particular about your setups. Since it involves update speed
it wouldn't be the javascript engine. It's possible it's the openssl
interface, I've seen instances of wacked openssl installs that slowed
down Erlang but didn't crash it.

-Damien