From "Alex Rudyk" <alex.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Basic auth using Nginx as proxy
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 03:13:06 GMT
I am trying to setup basic auth for couchdb that is proxied by Nginx.
I setuped nginx proxy and it works very well but when I am adding basic auth
for nginx it pass Nginx basic auth module, but browser show "enter user name
and password" dialog once again with real "administrator" that I think is
goes from couchdb new default_authentication_handler. My nginx realm name is
"Restricted".
Here is nginx config file:

server {
      listen        8088;
    server_name   couchdb;
      location / {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:5984;
                proxy_redirect off;
                proxy_set_header   Port             $proxy_port;
                proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For
 $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

        auth_basic            "Restricted";
                auth_basic_user_file  htpasswd;

        }
}

Does any body have some ideas how to fix this?