From Dean Landolt <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: JS Test Errors with Apache virtual host + reverse proxy + couchdb
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:19:39 GMT
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Glenn Rempe <glenn@rempe.us> wrote:

> Update : I was able to fix all of the breaking tests running behind an
> Apache proxy by adding the following to disable keep alives.
>
> KeepAlive Off
>
> see : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#keepalive
>
> I updated the wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Apache_As_a_Reverse_Proxy
>
> This fixed the following tests for me:
>
> show_documents
> etags_head
> attachments
>
> The only failing test when running behind a proxy remaining now is the
> 'config' test which still has a problem with assuming a
> host.server.domain:port form of URL.

I opened a JIRA for that recently -- I can't seem to find it. I was actually
playing with exposing couch on port 80, sans proxy, just for shits and
giggles and noticed the breakage. I wonder if there's a header or something
to key off of to tell in the tests if you're behind a proxy -- if so, that
logic could be added to the test.