From Dean Landolt <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: Sort by date and find by key
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:28:17 GMT
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Nicolas Fouché <nicolas@silentale.com>wrote:

> So I have to run multiple queries, then have to mix the results by
> date. I need to paginate on this final resultset, and knowing that I
> deal with thousands of documents, the process seems really
> complicated.
>
> e.g show documents from only one view and not the others because the
> document they returned have a date greater than the results of the
> first view. And then have to keep track of every keys, to call views
> with some startkey and endkey.

It's really  just a mergesort -- nothing major, though given a large enough
resultset it could get painful. Intertwingling couch with something like
solr will give you more options for efficient query strategies.

errrrr, is CouchDB compatible with my project needs ?

The answer to that question is almost always going to be *probably*,
depending on how creative you want to get.