From Graeme Nelson <>
Subject Problems Starting CouchDB From Source
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:54:51 GMT
Hello Everyone -

I am trying to follow along with:

I was able to successfully build and install from this source, but I am
unable to start up couchdb from within my source directory.

I created a couch_dev.ini file that contains the following:

allow_remote_restart = true
database_dir = .
util_driver_dir = src/couchdb/.libs

bind_address =
port = 5985
utils_dir = share/www

file = couch.log
level = debug

javascript = src/couchdb/couchjs share/server/main.js

I try and start couchdb with the following command from within the source

./bin/couchdb -c couch_dev.ini

And I get the following error:

Apache CouchDB 0.9.0a-incubating (LogLevel=debug) is starting.
Configuration Settings ["couch_dev.ini"]:
  [couchdb] allow_remote_restart="true"
  [couchdb] database_dir="."
  [couchdb] util_driver_dir="src/couchdb/.libs"
  [httpd] bind_address=""
  [httpd] port="5985"
  [httpd] utils_dir="share/www"
  [log] file="couch.log"
  [log] level="debug"
  [query_servers] javascript="src/couchdb/couchjs share/server/main.js"
[error] [<0.49.0>] {error_report,<0.21.0>,
{"init terminating in
init terminating in do_boot ()

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Graeme Nelson