From "Jason Huggins" <ja...@jrandolph.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to force a rebuild of an index?
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:47:22 GMT
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Is the new server running 0.8.0 as well?

Yes. they are both running CouchDB 0.8.0.

> Is there a endian-difference
> or a 32bit to 64bit upgrade?

No. They are both 32-bit. More context: I'm moving between EC2
instances. Both are based on 32-bit AMIs from Alestic (This one:
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=1427&categoryID=101
)

> I'm not sure the last two things affect us,
> but that could cause problems). Also: Could "stale" be due to some
> HTTP proxy or browser cache?

I thought the same thing at first. Though I did try ruling out browser
cache by trying multiple times on multiple browsers (and clearing the
cache!). Also I am running everything through an HTTP proxy... but
also viewing the "raw metal" at port 5984 didn't help either.

> Updating indexes can usually be triggered by changing the design doc
> they are defined in and deleting the files should work as well.
>
> It might also be worth upgrading, since a bit of work went into that
> area since 0.8.0.

That's what I was suspecting. Should I try 0.8.1 or go all the way to trunk?

Thanks,
   -j