From "Jason Huggins" <ja...@jrandolph.com>
Subject Is there a way to force a rebuild of an index?
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:06:41 GMT
Hi, all!

Quick Question:
Is there a way to *force* CouchDB to rebuild all indexes in some
stronger way than using the HTTP API?

Why I ask:
I'm running 0.8.0-incubating on Ubuntu (Hardy Heron). I'm trying to
move my couchdb files from an old server to a new server, using this
filesystem backup doc in the wiki as a guide. (
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_make_filesystem_backups )
(Ironically, I wrote that page in the wiki, but the page history
doesn't show it!) :-)

However, after the move, I noticed that several of my indexes (even
some "_all_docs" views are wrong and stale. (Thankfully, the actually
documents are still there, though.) I tried adding and updating new
docs, and I tried simply querying the views to trigger a rebuild of
the indexes. But so far, the indexes are still wrong. I even tried
deleting the ".<db_name>_design" directories on the filesytem. So far,
nothing has worked. Any ideas?

-j.