From Glenn Rempe <gl...@rempe.us>
Subject Re: JS Test Errors with Apache virtual host + reverse proxy + couchdb
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:17:34 GMT
Thanks all.

After adjusting my Apache proxy config (thanks) while *most* tests in
the futon test suite pass now there are still some which fail.

On quick examination of the 'config' test this appears to be due not
to the fact that there is a problem with couchdb running behind the
proxy, but instead some tests which make assumptions that CouchDB is
running on a URL that has a port specifically defined (e.g. http://hostname.domain
:port/) which in the case of a proxy setup may not be the case where
port 80 is implicit.

You can see the line of the config test here :

http://github.com/halorgium/couchdb/blob/89c232dcdfa2b4a476f69c01b574f51b66e4f185/share/www/script/couch_tests.js#L2700

You can try the other failing tests here (for the moment):

http://couchdb.rempe.org/_utils/couch_tests.html?script/couch_tests.js

Here are the four tests I see failing now (FYI, this is edge CouchDB
built from the repo):

config : Assertion failed: config.httpd.port == port

show_documents :
	• Assertion failed: "Accept" == xhr.getResponseHeader("Vary")
	• Assertion failed: xhr.status == 304
	• Assertion failed: xhr.status == 304
	• Assertion failed: xhr.status == 304

etags_head :
	• Assertion failed: xhr.status == 201
	• Assertion failed: xhr.status == 304
	• Assertion failed: xhr.status == 200

attachments :
Assertion failed: xhr.getResponseHeader("Etag") == save_response.rev

Cheers,

Glenn

--
Glenn Rempe