From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 00:19:16 GMT

On Jan 1, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Antony Blakey wrote:

> On 02/01/2009, at 8:15 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> If you could point me to an explanation of why changing this is
>> bad, I'd love to catch up on the discussion.  I assume it's a
>> technical reason?
>
> No. The primary reason is "why change - the current mechanism has
> worked for a year". Damien (project lead) doesn't regard change as
> necessary, and a significant change to support top-level reflexivity
> (which is your primary thrust) doesn't have support from the other
> gatekeepers. There is some support for name identity, although I
> suspect not enough to prompt a change.

Alright.  I hereby cry "Uncle" and will let this go (for a while,
anyway...)

Thanks all for such an interesting conversation.  I look forward to
more in this community, as I really find document and other
"alternative" databases interesting, and think they are going to be
key for "cloud" computing...

/me wanders off to try and get more that 6 docs/sec into Couch...

geir