From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: Decision making process (Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1))
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 13:33:05 GMT
On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 11:19:18PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
> That would confirm my presumption that it's probably a waste of time pushing
> something that Damien's firmly against, as opposed to expecting to vote on it.

I'm not too sure this is a wise approach. Chris is correct in that we've opted
for following consensus in the past, but that doesn't mean that whatever Damien
says we all agree with. There's still the issue of the JSON newline which has
the committers split right down the middle!

I see that this issue can take one of three possible routes:

  * the PMC decide that consensus is to reject the proposal

  * the PMC decide that opinion is spit and hold an ASF style vote

  * the PMC decide that consensus is to accept the proposal

The PMC comprises me, Chris, Chris, Jan, and Damien.

It's worth noting that we may never make a decision, or the decision might take
a long time. Looking back at the newline proposal, we never decided consensus
was to reject it outright, but we never resolved it the other way either. One of
us could move to call a vote, but we all feel its better to wait for consensus.

Noah Slater,

View raw message